In this article, we explain how to configure formulas behind the metrics to automatically aggregate raw data (from surveys or imported into the platform).
- Impact strategy is created with metrics and indicators.
- Impact Maker has at least one investment/project.
- You have assigned a metric to be calculated for your project/investment.
- You have imported raw data from your stakeholder survey to the table. For more information on how to import data to a table review Importing data to a project
- OR you have collected data using a stakeholder survey. For more information on how to create a stakeholder survey, please review Creating a stakeholder survey
1. Log on to Impact Cloud. This is the first screen you will see :
2. Start by clicking on Impact Maker. You will see all your projects/investments.
3. Click on the project you will be working on.
4. For the tutorial, we have a project created called "Scholarship Program," and we have imported data for a fictitious scholarship program in one of the tables. Screenshots for both is shown below
5. When you click on your project, "Scholarship Program," you will see the tables. We created a table and imported the stakeholder data on it
4. Navigate to Metrics and Results. You will see your metrics that are assigned to the appropriate strategy and frequency.
In our case, we have assigned an indicator "No of women who received scholarships."
To know more about creating an Impact strategy and assigning indicators, please go through the following resources: Creating Impact Strategy.
5. Click on the Edit symbol next to the metric.
5. You will see the Edit Metrics screen open up. To setup formula on any metric or indicator, the type of the metric MUST be "Formula Aggregation," as shown in the screenshot below
6. Click on Formula Wizard.
7. You will see the screen below.
7. Select a Table with the raw data. (i.e., Scholarship survey data)
8. Select Operation. For example, Sum, Subtract, Average, Multiply, CountUnique, Count.
9. Select field. (i.e., scholarship awarded)
10. Add as many conditions as needed. You can create as many formulas as needed by using the FORMULA + sign.
For example, let us say that we want to compute the "No of women who received scholarships" In this case,
- We first need to know the total no of people in the data set
- Next, we need to know the total no of people how many received scholarships
- Finally, from the people who received scholarships, how many are women
Note: It is mandatory to have an entry date field in your input excel sheet. Our system relies on the date to compute results on the metric.
11. See the screen below showing multiple formulas.
12. Next step is to Combine and Preview. Aggregate multiple formulas using Select Formula and Operation such as +, -, *, /, (, ).
13. You can Preview your results on the right-hand side. SAVE.
Congratulations! You have successfully added and aggregated formulas with raw data for the metric/result/indicator.