This article talks about the various options available to add data on impact metrics for one or more projects or investments
- You should have created your Impact strategy that involves the creation of metrics and indicators
- You should have created at least one investment and assigned the metric created in step 1 to it
There are three fundamental ways of collecting data in Impact Metrics
- Self-reporting data in the metrics/indicators from the data view screen of an investment
- Sending an online survey of impact metrics to a list of investments/projects. The investment/project manager fills up the data for the metric on this survey
- Calculating the results in the indicators by connecting the indicator and raw data collected on Impact cloud through a formula configuration
- Once you have created the metrics and assigned them to your projects or investments, navigate to the relevant investment/project for which you want to add the data (Your overview screen looks something like below)
2. Click on the relevant investment, that shows you a screen that looks something like the below. In the absence of data, the screen appears empty.
3. Choose the frequency from the first drop-down and the created TOC from the second, the screen should look something like the below
4. Choose the period for which you want to enter the data from the 3rd drop-down(You may select one or more periods). The screen looks like the below after the selection is made
5. Click on the "EDIT" button right below the period for which you want to enter the data. On clicking "EDIT" the screen looks like this: (Notice that Target is checked and that is the reason a text-box for target also shows up. It may or may not show up depending on what you have chosen)
6. Enter the data and click on "SAVE". The screen would look like this.
7. Click on "BACK". That's it! Next time you navigate to this investment, the system brings back data for the previously chosen settings.
Sending an online metric Survey to one or more Projects/Investments
To create your own survey email notification template follow this tutorial.
- This is the easiest way to collect data on the impact metrics. Just navigate to the projects/investments overview screen (Shown below)
2. Click on the investment for which you want to collect data(You will be able to initiate data collection for multiple investments at once), the screen looks like below
3. Click on the "Collect" button, you get two options
- Survey Preview
- Send Survey
4. To have a quick look at how the survey would look, click on the "Preview Survey" (You should see a screen that looks something like below)
5. Select the frequency and the year and click on "ADD RESULTS"
Preview of the survey looks like this
6 . To set the Title/Description for the survey (In the above image "Test" is the title and "test2" is the description), click on the icon in the left sidebar (You will see a popup that looks like this) - Set it to your choice and "Save"
NOTE: Each page can have its own Title/Description
7. Once you are done setting up the Title/Description, to send the survey, click on "Send Survey" you will see the same option of selecting the frequency and the period for which you are collecting the data. In addition to those two options, you will additionally see a drop-down to select "Investments/Projects" (As shown in the below screenshot)
8. Select the Investments for which you want to collect the data and click on "COLLECT RESULTS"
9. The system sends the survey links to the selected investments which can be kept track of in our Survey tracker feature (From the left menu bar navigate to the survey tracker by clicking on"Results Tracker" )
10. The tracker screen looks something like this, it shows how many of the investees are in states, "Not Started", "In Progress", "Completed"
Metric results from raw data
- Raw data from stakeholders in your project tables
- To calculate metrics results from the raw data collected directly from stakeholders, navigate to the particular project or investment from your overview screen as shown below
2. Click on the project on which you want to calculate results from the raw data (You should have imported raw data in the project)
Note: The purpose of this section is to show you the possibility and not every formula configuration that's possible (click here for the types of formula that can be set up)
3. Click on "Metrics and Results" (the below screen appears) - click on the relevant TOC and you should be able to see the metrics within the TOC
4. To connect a metric to the Table containing raw data, click on the icon on the left-hand side of the metric (Shown in the picture above) - You see the following pop-up
5. Choose the format of the metric "Formula Aggregation" (shown in the above screenshot)
Configure the formula (formula configuration is discussed in a separate article)
and click on "Save" - our system now computes the data in the metric using the data in the Table.