This article describes the different user roles within Impact Cloud and how to create each of them.
- Organization admin. This role is used by the system administrators. This role can create, view, edit, and delete all the projects, ToCs, metrics, data, and dashboards. Create organization admins.
- Collaborator. This role is used when there are multiple projects or portfolio companies and multiple team members to manage them. One collaborator can have access to one or multiple projects. When the collaborator logs into the platform, they will only see the projects that have been assigned to them by the organization admin. This allows for collaboration maintaining data privacy among projects. Collaborators can create, view, edit, and delete the projects that have been assigned to them, and the TOCs, metrics, data, and dashboards created by them. Create collaborators
- Organization partner. This role is only used when your organization manages a portfolio of companies, but instead of them logging into the platform to manage data, they only report summary results for the assigned metrics through a data collection form. When the organization partner logs into the platform, they only see the data collection form, enter data, and submit. Create organization partners
To create an organization admin, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to your Company Profile section and click on the tab "Settings." Then, click on "Add New User"
2. A window like the one following will pop-up. You will be required to add data for the fields with an asterisk (*).
NOTE: If you have requested to use usernames instead of email addresses for your organization's users, then the pop-up window will have one extra field: Username (under email). In this case, when the user logs into the platform, they will be required to enter the username instead of the email.
3. In the drop-down "User Type" select: Organization Admin
4. In the drop-down "Status" select: Activated
5. In the drop-down "Language" select your user's preferred language
6. In the box "Password" type a password or click on "Generate Password." Clicking on the eye icon will allow you to view the password that has been generated.
7. For extra security, you can check the box "Enable MFA" and enter the user's phone number. If you do this, the user will be sent a code to their mobile phone that they will have to enter to be able to complete the login.
8. Click on the button "Save" and an email will be sent to the new user.
NOTE: If you are editing an existing user to add MFA or to add a username beside the email address, only edit those fields and Save. If any other field shows empty in the edit window, leave it like that.
*Important when configuring usernames instead of emails: Since the email becomes optional, when the user forgets their password, we might not be able to send them an automatic email to restore it:
For this reason, we recommend the administrator of the platform to request Sopact the list of users and passwords within their organization.
To create one or more collaborators, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to your projects or investments overview screen (Which looks like the screenshot below)
2. Click on the "ADD NEW" and choose user as the option (a popup appears that looks like the screen shown on the right side in the below screenshot)
3. Type in the first name, last name, email address, and the password for the collaborator (The collaborator will be able to reset the password later) - click on ADD
NOTE: This causes an email to go out to the collaborator along with the credentials to access the account
4. The user appears on the top of the screen (as shown in the screenshot below)
5. From the drop-down on the right (shown in the screenshot below), you may assign one or more projects or investments that the collaborator has access to:
6. When the collaborator logs in to the system, the collaborator will only have access to the projects or investments chosen from the above drop-down.
Creating Organization Partners
Partner users are used when you only want the investments or projects to report to you on impact metrics data through the metric survey function.
There are two ways of creating a partner user
- Add the user in the Investment or Project profile and the user gets created automatically when the survey is sent
- Create the user separately from the Organization profile user settings screen (we do not recommend this method because its more laborious)
Follow the below steps for dynamic creation of partner users on survey send function
1. Navigate to the particular investment or project from the overview screen
2. Click on the investment or the project for which you want to add the partner user
3. Go to the profile tab (you see the below screen) and click on "Edit" which is right below the "Manage Fields" button
4. Scroll down to find the "Primary Email" field and enter the email of the partner user who is supposed to fill out the metric survey:
5. When you send out the impact metric survey, the partner user is automatically created and the survey notification email contains the credentials that the partner user can use to access the survey.